On Friday, March 29, at 7 pm, Canyons will host the Utah Avalanche Center 12 hour ski event. We'll ride lifts all night and won't stop until the sun comes up. Then, of course, we will all go have a big breakfast together at the Canyons base. The goal is to have a good time, hang out with good company, and raise money for a cause we can all get behind, keeping people on top of the Greatest Snow on Earth. Anyone can ski under the lights for a few hours, but it takes something special to ski all night by your own light. You can do this by yourself or in a team, so bring your friends and family!
Sponsor A Participant:
Go here to see who has entered and to make a pledge to keep someone going all night. Sponsor friends, relatives, and co-workers or really confuse someone you don't know by supporting them at random.
- The entry fee is $200 for an individual and $400 for a team (go here for team information). You are encouraged to gather pledges of support from friends, family, co-workers, and anyone else you can bring into this craziness. The recommended fundraising goal is for each individual to gather $500 in pledges and for each team to gather $1,000.
- We will be using FLAIK GPS tracking units to constantly upload your vertical skied, speed, and position, so your supporters can keep an eye on you all night.
- We'll have a podium and great prizes for the individuals and teams that raise the most pledges
- There will be prizes handed out during the night for the best outfit and whatever other strange ideas make sense at 2 am.
- This is a fun endurance event and not a race. Speed will be monitored and a reasonable speed limit will be observed at all times
- The minimum age for individual participants is 13 years old
- Helmets, headlamps, and taillights will be worn on the course at all times
Questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 801-365-5522.
Click here for more details.